Monday, February 05, 2007

Final Post before I fly off - Life Lag, the 10 second rule


"Live each season as it passes. Breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, but resign yourself to the influences of each." - Henry David Thoreau

Well, it feels like I am really saying goodbye now. I won't yet reach London yet, but I am leaving Australia. Who knows when will be the next time I will be back?

Recently, it feels as if my life revolve around the '10 second' rule. Oh, never heard of the 10 second rule? It goes like this... my high school friends made up this rule based on how every so often, there is a conversation with me that would inevitably end up like this:

Friend A: Hey, did you guys watch cricket the other day?
Friend B: Yeah, I did Australia rules.
Friend C: Yeah, we are going to win the Tri-nations easily....
[ten seconds later]
Heng: Hey, did you guys watch cricket the other day?

Yes, that's my '10 second' rule, I do it all the time. But now I feel like my life revolves around it. I am watching tv shows that came out years ago (Prison Break, Lost), listening to music released about 3 years ago, and chances are that I will only reach London about 1 week after my intended arrival (according to JY.... but we will see who laughs last...... I hope it's me:P)

I am going to leave everyone with a joke my dad told me the other day, which I thought was hilarious, considering that it came from my dad (he is usually so predictable with his lame jokes):

A praying mantis and a mosquito flew by a river and happen to come a woman bathing in the nude. The mosquito turns to the praying mantis and said: "See how deadly I am, I stung the woman twice when she was young, and now she is still swollen."
The praying mantis then turns to the mosquito and said: "That's nothing! I used my blade to cut the woman once when she was young, and now she still bleeds every month!"

Well, that's it for me. Time to make sure that I have everything ready before I take off. So to all my friends and family... goodbye, au revoir, adios, auf wiedersehen, ciao ciao........ And do as the picture said!! Bui Lang, signing out!

1 Comments:

At 1:35 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Heng,

It's Sylvia. Good to see your blog is active! I can't wait to hear about your adventures in the UK. I'm still here in Japan teaching English to devil kids and adults in dying need of sleep.

Hope you catch up with ya sometime =) Travelling is fun aye!

Cheers,
Syl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home